Questions to ask before renting a storage unit in Hilliard
So, you don’t have enough place for storing all your belongings. So, you look around for a storage unit in Hilliard. But, wait. Make sure you know questions to ask before renting a storage unit in Hilliard.
Are my belongings safe?
When searching for a storage unit in Hilliard, security should be top on the list of must-haves. Only then you can use 10 tips for storing kids’ toys. You will not be there to ensure the safety of your belongings, so make sure that the storage facility takes security seriously. Here’s your security checklist:
- Is security fencing around the entire storage facility? The unit must be off-limits to people who might vandalize it or dump their trash.
- Is there one main or multiple entrances? Multiple entrances are harder to secure and monitor.
- Is the entrance secured with a code, key, or card to get in and out?
- Are there security cameras and lighting?
- Does every unit have their alarm? Remember, the biggest security threat is other renters. So, be sure your unit is individually alarmed. Because only then you have the added peace of mind that your belongings are safe.
- Do managers pay attention truly? If they aren’t monitoring, the very best security systems available aren’t enough.
Questions to ask before renting a storage unit in Hilliard – Is the pricing fair and transparent?
What is fair and transparent pricing? Well, think about these things:
- You’re paying for a secure, clean space. Fair pricing is competitive pricing, However, it’s not necessarily the cheapest pricing. Security, maintenance, and service you can rely on in the area costs.
- The price seems too good to be true? Well, it might be too good to be true. So, find out what extra fees are charged. You don’t want to end up paying more than you expected.
- Ask if there are rates increase and how often.
- Also, late fees and other charges can increase repeatedly. Therefore, keep a close eye on your billing statement.
Is the storage facility clean and convenient?
Get a tour of the unit and look at the general condition of the property. Also, look at the rooflines and downspouts. Poor maintenance and upkeep raise concerns about water leakage and other issues that can damage your belongings. Then, the hours. Can you get access to your unit at convenient times? You shouldn’t have to plan your schedule to get into your storage unit. Keep in mind that Zippy Shell Columbus gives you access to your unit every time of the day.
Questions to ask before renting a storage unit in Hilliard – Is there on-site managing?
You’re relocating to a smaller place, and you used tips for moving into a smaller home, and you still need a storage unit. But, do you know that many units don’t have on-site management. So, if you have a question, you get an answer by someone in another state entirely. But, on-site management is important because:
- If no one is there to monitor or respond to an alarm, how important is overall security?
- You have a question. So, would you rather speak to someone face-to-face or call answering service?
- If you need storage supplies, do you need a trip to the store or you can get what you need in the facility?
- When you need a restroom, it would be nice to have one on-site.