How to move on a budget in Hattiesburg
Preparing for Mississippi relocation is not simple, and definitely not free. It is not a secret that relocation is not cheap, and that every sent is important. How to save money when relocating and cut some of the moving costs? If you are organizing the Hattiesburg relocation, we can help you with some simple tips and tricks to move on a budget in Hattiesburg. It does not have to be complicated and stressful.
Move on a budget in Hattiesburg
Relocate to Hattiesburg on a budget, without breaking a bank. Yes, it is possible, moving does not have to be pricy, not when you have all the right tips on how to cut moving costs.
The costs of living in Hattiesburg are affordable (about 17% lower than the US average), but it won’t hurt to save more money.
- Get rid of some things away – donate items you don’t use so you will have some tax benefits. Also, you can organize a garage sale and earn money instead of spending. Moving costs mostly depend on the size and weight of your items, so the less you move, the more money you will save.
- Get free packing supplies – moving boxes and wrapping material also cost money. But, you can get moving boxes for free in supermarkets, storage units, local shops, bars. When it comes to wapping material use newspaper, soft materials, blankets, towels…Be creative and use what you already have in the house.
- Ask friends to help you move – ask your friend to help you pack instead of hiring packing professionals. Ask them in advance if they are willing to help especially if you are moving with kids. Packing while kids are running around can be very dangerous,
- Negotiate with movers – try to get the best deal for your relocation if you are hiring a moving company. Contact a couple of them and compare moving companies and their offers. Ask if they offer some discounts or coupons. If you are a veteran or a student, some moving companies will lower down the price.
- Don’t move during the season – moving during the summer months is more expensive because movers are busy and they will charge more. If you are able, move in November or December, for example and you will move on a budget in Hattiesburg.
- Save money on additional moving services – if you need to save money on a storage unit, or on packing services, research different companies and see their offers. In case you need a storage unit, there is an option to share it, so you can split the costs.
Of course, there are different ways to move on a budget in Hattiesburg and to but moving costs and these were just some of them. Before starting with moving preparations, set a moving budget so you will know exactly how much money you can spend.