5 important things to consider when renting storage in New York
Quite often as an unavoidable part of many relocations, storage units provide a good solution for those in need. They are convenient short or long term options for keeping your belongings in a clean and safe place. Whether you need extra space when decluttering, or more permanents solution when moving, you can use storage. However, there is a couple of important things to consider when renting storage in New York.
Things to consider when renting storage in New York
In general, this is a valuable piece of information for those who move the first time. A couple of advice about what you need to pay attention to, and how to find and choose the best option. U. Santini Moving and Storage and similar companies are a fine example of quality storage options in NYC. So let’s see what matters here.
1. Characteristics of a good storage unit
There are many storage facts if you are having second thoughts. And you should usually start by exploring the general characteristic of storage and look at how they can benefit you.
- Safety and security – this is a major thing. Check monitoring, locks, guards, and overall protection. Without it, the storage is not even remotely usable.
- Accessibility and availability – when and how you can access the storage. And the available sizes.
- Pricing – of course, the price is important, but also special deals and discounts that can save you the money.
- Location – the convenience of location. This can also greatly influence the price.
At the end of the day, you should check what others have to say about particular storage. Don’t hesitate to check online reviews, ratings, and even complaints. They can offer valuable pieces of information about the quality of storage and service in general.
2. The proportion between the price and the size
The general price can depend on many factors, but the size and usage of storage are common ones. Normally, larger storage space can cost you more, but there might be a discount if you are going to use it for a longer period. The type of unit also matters. For example, indoor storage can be significantly more expensive than outdoor storage. Especially if they are climate-controlled units. For ordinary items like kids toys and such, regular small size clean units will do the job.
3. Additional service included can be important when renting storage in New York
What if you need to visit your storage often or add more stuff in the future? You should simply ask if they provide means of transportation. There are many companies offering their own transporting options which can be included as a service. Check that information upfront to avoid any confusion in the future.
4. Is it a climate-controlled environment?
For certain delicate items, the environmental condition plays a major role. That’s why you need to be careful to avoid making a mistake. For example, if you have some expensive furniture made of wood and leather, you can’t just place them everywhere. The storage needs to have a special condition to be able to preserve such items. From the temperature to humidity control, storage should be able to provide the right environment for your:
- delicate instruments
- electrical devices
- and others
5. Consider what items you can store and what is forbidden
Because of the nature and purpose of storage, there are items you are not allowed to store inside:
- Hazardous materials
- Flammable items and fluids
- Food and similar perishable items
- Living things like pets and plants
These 5 important things to consider when renting storage in New York are the major ones. Of course, there are other factors that will depend on your needs and the type of items you plan to store. Plan carefully and gather as much information you can before making a final decision.